Friday, March 11, 2011

Stop and Shop- No Monsters in Tow!


Blueberries $2.99 (yeah, I paid that much for blueberries)
Oranges $1.91 (.99 lb)
Dole Salad $2.50 - $1 scanner gun savings
Stop and Shop Apple Juice $1.99
Knox Gelatin $1.79
Stop and Shop Sugar $3.19
Golden Grahams $1.67 - .75 MC (doubled) ***.17 a box!***
2 Lucky Charms @ $1.67 each - (2) .55 MC (doubled) ***.57 a box!***
Stop and Shop Applesauce $1.59
2 Fiber One Bread @ $3.99 BOGO - (2) .55 MC (doubled) ***.90 a loaf!***
Hellmans Mayonaise $3.49
Stop and Shop Grated Parmesan Cheese $3.19
3 Poland Springs Water @ $1.00 each
Stop and Shop 24 Pack String Cheese $4.99
YoToddler Yogurt $2.50 - .50 MC (doubled)
2 GoGurt @ $2.50 each - .75/2 MC (doubled)
Eggs $1.79
Hood Milk $3.75 - $4.50 Free Milk Catalina ***free***
Super Pretzel $2.50 - .50 MC (doubled)
3 Mrs.T Perogies @ $2.00 each - (3) $1.00 MC
Minute Maid Orange Juice $2.79 - .50 scanner gun savings
Less $4 Catalina
Less .15 in reuseable bag credits

Total: $40.91
Saved 49%

Back in my youth a Friday night would have consisted of things that I would not care to mention here but now in my old age (28 to be exact) a fun and happening Friday night consists of me ditching the kids with my husband and going on a peaceful shopping trip. It really is a wonderful thing to walk around the grocery store taking your time- way better than a trip to the spa. On to what I bought...

Yes, that is a loaf of white bread in the picture. I never ever buy white bread but I am planning on making chicken and homemade gravy sandwiches and my husband hates wheat bread hence the white bread. I have been eating whole wheat bread for so long that white bread tastes so bland to me- the same thing goes for white rice, brown rice tastes so much better. I also said that I was not going to buy junk food anymore but I just had to buy the perogies. I resisted the urge to buy them when they were on sale at Shaws recently but I could not resist tonight. I guess I can't go completely junk free but at least these require a little effort to make unlike just opening a bag of potato chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment