Saturday, February 19, 2011

Calorie Counting- I Done Good

My plan after seeing that counting calories really works for losing weight was to continue to count and also add in some exercises. It is funny how life throws you curve balls because I was sick all last week with the cold that would not go away. So needless to say I did not exercise one bit unless you count coughing up a lung as exercise.

I also didn't really count my calories. I basically just watched what I was eating and didn't eat any junk food- which it really helps that I have not been buying myself junk food. I do think that I will start using my favorite calorie counting site again because I really like how it tracks if I have been eating all of the right nutrients.

Since starting my calorie counting experiment I am down about five pounds which is a lot considering I was about 112 pounds to begin with (I am five feet tall so yes, 112 pounds is at the upper end of what I should be and is is past the upper end of the weight that I feel best at). My pre-pregnancy jeans (from when I loved eating fast food and drinking lots of wine) are getting baggy and I fit into a pair of my after pregnancy jeans (I weighed a lot less after I had my kids because I ate a lot better and was breastfeeding). I feel better and have learned that when I am not nursing or pregnant that I can't just shove tons of food into my mouth and expect to stay skinny.

As far as exercising goes- I will start doing it a few times a week now that I feel better. Summer will be here before I know it and I want to look good in my bathing suit. Plus, it has always been a goal of mine to have six pack abs (a goal that I most likely never accomplish but we all need dreams in life).

2 comments:

  1. I've been doing the calorie count thing too. It was what helped me loose weight after my son's birth and I'm doing it again. I really like this calorie counter for homemade recipes and thought you might find it helpful too. http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php?process=resubmit&count=2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually use that site for my calorie counting but I didn't realize that they had a counter for homemade recipes! It has been such a headache for me to enter dinners I have eaten which has made me not count my calories as close as I should. Thank you so much! I am going to start using this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete