Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Day,Yeah!

Today is my son's first official snow day. His nursery school is closed for the day due to the fair amount of snow that fell during the night and I am happy because it is such a pain in the butt getting him and my daughter out the door on school days. Not to mention that the parking lot at his school is tiny- but when you add all of the snow we have gotten I basically have to leave a lot earlier to make sure I secure a coveted spot for my shaggin waggin (I drive a VW Routon mini van but let me assure you that there has been no shaggin in it- and to be honest, it would feel quite wrong to shag in a mini van).

Since I have become a stay at home mom (it is the most wonderful and fulfilling career that a woman could ever have... ha ha, just kidding- sometimes I would rather be shoveling horse crap for a living) I have come to love when it snows out. It feels so cozy to be at home and not have to go anywhere. Plus, I really like to shovel snow. Actually, I really like any activity that gets me away from the kids for a bit.

And yes, I do know that someday when my kids are in school full time that the thought of a snow day will send shivers of terror down my back but for now I will try enjoy them while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment