Monday, January 31, 2011

Simple Asparagus Recipe

Tonight our menu consisted of:
Panko Crusted Chicken Breast
Baked Red Potatoes
Parmesan Asparagus
Beets in Vinegar

The panko crusted chicken sounds fancy but it is really just a chicken breast with panko bread crumbs (we love the Progresso Italian Style Panko). We fry it in a bit of oil to get the outside crispy and then finish baking it in the oven- yum! I love the breadcrumbs so much I could actually eat them out of the box with a spoon (don't worry, I didn't).

What really stood out to me tonight was the asparagus- it tasted absolutely wonderful! Near dinner time I realized that I hadn't the faintest idea how to to cook the asparagus I bought on Sunday. Lo and behold I went to my trusty All Recipes and I found the Parmesan Asparagus recipe. It looked simple and healthy- two things that I love.

Basically you coat the asparagus in olive oil, put on a baking sheet and bake for a few minutes on each side. When I made it I spread olive oil on 5 spears (no one in my house would touch asparagus with a ten foot pole) and then sprinkled with garlic salt. I baked for 6 minutes on one side and three minute on the other side at 400 degrees. Then I sprinkled some grated Parmesan cheese on them and proceeded to scarf them down before I even ate my delicious chicken. I never thought I would say this, but I love asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment