Friday, December 3, 2010

At Least I'm Getting A Day To Myself...

I consider myself a stay at home mom because that is what I do a majority of the time. But, on Saturdays from 8 am to 6 pm I go to a "real" job where I get paid.

I, for the most part, like my job. I started out in payroll/accounting filling in for someone who was on maternity leave and working about 20 hours a week while my mom watched my son. When the woman came back from leave I was asked to stay and cut back to two days. Then they asked me if I could work on Saturdays and I cut back to one week day and Saturday. Then I got pregnant with my daughter and had a very hard first half of my pregnancy and cut back to just Saturdays. On Saturdays I am responsible for entering all of the previous week's repair orders from the mechanics (I work at a transportation company) and I am there to answer the phone if one of our Saturday bus driver's has an emergency. For 99% of the day I am by myself and have a TV to watch (work is so much easier when you don;t have to deal with people).

It is a very easy job and I get paid very well to do it. This week I am going in to work full days on Monday and Wednesday because my company got a new program so we need to manually transfer all of the vehicle data from the old program to the new program and we need to be trained. My mom will be watching the kids those days which I am very grateful for.

I am just really dreading the whole getting the kids out of the house routine. I stink at early mornings and I know that no matter how much I prepare the night before the morning is still going to stressful. I am glad that I only have to do it for two days because I would not be able to handle it. I definitely cannot imagine doing it every day. I would miss my kids and I am not someone who does two things well- I would not be able to be a really good mom and a really good worker. Some women can do that- I am not one of them.

So, while I am trying to lug the kids out of the house at 7 am I will keep telling myself that the extra money will be great and at least I am getting a day to myself (if you want to call going to work having a day to myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment