Saturday, September 25, 2010

What Have You Done For Yourself Lately?

I am a mom but before that I was not a mom. I used to take time for myself to do things that I enjoyed. I feel like I am so busy with taking care of my family and all of the little things that go along with it that I don't do much for myself anymore.

Yes, I know this comes with the territory but I can't just be a mom. There is still a little bit of Erica inside of me who wants to come out from time to time. Some may say this is selfish but they may just be a tad bit delusional (or they aren't a mom).

So, I am going to start to do one thing a week that is just for me. I'm not talking anything extravagant- just reading a book is good enough (I have a book that I bought months ago that I haven't even opened yet).

My selfish act of the past week was I bought myself a cute shirt from the Gap (I am so exciting, what a daredevil). Yes, it was on sale and I used a coupon but it's mine and it will make me happy when I wear it and look nice. I promise next week's selfish act will be a little less lame.

What have you done for yourself lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment