Monday, September 20, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


It's Monday again!
I haven't gone to the grocery store yet and am not sure if I will go at all this week so this menu is based on what I have on hand. It is nice to not have to go to the store if I don't feel like it.

Monday
Main Dish: Salsa Chicken in the Crock Pot (Chicken Breast, Salsa)
Side Dishes: Brown Rice, Tortillas, Corn and Peas

Tuesday
Main Dish: Pasta with Homemade Meatballs (Ground Beef, Bread Crumbs, Onions, Egg, Spices)
Side Dishes: Homemade Bread Sticks and Spinach

Wednesday
Main Dish: Tacos (Ground Beef, Taco Seasoning, Sour Cream, Shredded Cheese, Taco Shells)
Side Dishes: Mixed Veggies

Thursday
Main Dish: Roasted Whole Chicken
Side Dishes: Roasted Potatoes/Carrots and Beets

Friday
Take Out!

Saturday
I work on Saturdays so the kids eat before I get home and my husband and I eat something quick, like pasta.

Sunday
Main Dish: American Chop Suey (Pasta, Canned Tomatoes, Ground Beef, Spices)
Side Dishes: Mixed Veggies

I have two young children so I try to keep my meals really simple because I am always short on time by the end of the day.

My three year old son eats what is on the menu for dinner but I do always add yogurt and some applesauce for him because he is picky. We make him try one bite of everything on his plate- hopefully after enough little bites of vegetables he will start to like them! My one year old daughter usually doesn't make it to dinner time so I feed her beforehand- if she does hold off until dinnertime I give her a bit of what we are eating to try and get her used to grown up food.

I am participating in I'm an Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment