Saturday, September 4, 2010

Five Years and Counting...

Today my husband and I have been married for five years.

I still remember seeing my husband freshman year in high school and thinking that he was so good looking and that he would never want to go out with me.

I still remember talking on the phone for hours (and I mean hours) about nothing at all and having our parents yelling at us to get off the phone.

I still remember all of the times we dated and then broke up throughout high school and how melodramatic I could be over these events.

I still remember when he and I got into his car, said goodbye to our families and drove down to Georgia to start our lives as grown ups. We were so far away from everyone we knew and only had each other- we became so much closer during this time.

I still  remember rolling over in bed one morning and my husband proposing to me.

I still remember our wedding day and saying "I do" with tears of happiness in my eyes.

I still remember seeing my husband holding our children when they were each born and knowing that on top of being my best friend he was going to be the best father in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog tonight and absolutely love it, especially the name! I love this post so much, it made me tear up. My boyfriend and I are 24 and have been dating for 5 years and 3 months ago we moved from Maryland to California away from everything we know so he can pursue his dreams of becoming a sitcom writer. I can completely agree with what you said about the times you moved away bringing you closer. Good for us for making such big leaps of faith! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet comment!
    I think that it is great that you believe in your boyfriend and took a leap of faith so that he could pursue his dream- that makes me want to tear up! I hope that everything is going great for you two- just remember that no matter what life throws your way you always have eachother to lean on for comfort and strength!

    ReplyDelete