Friday, August 20, 2010

Just Call Me Un-Cheap

Tomorrow night my husband and I are going to the Tom Petty concert at the Comcast Center in Mansfield.

I bought the tickets the morning they went on sale and ended up paying about $250 after fees (face value for each ticket was $99). Yikes! (I do not do lawn seats- when I was 18 I thought they were great but now that I'm a little older, no thank you).

I had extreme buyer's remorse last month and was trying to sell them. I felt bad about spending that kind of money on my own enjoyment when there were so many other things that the money could have gone toward.

Well, the tickets didn't sell so we are going. I was upset but now I am starting to get a little exciting.

I really love Tom Petty and have gone to three of his concerts, two of which were with my husband. We have a lot of fun when we go (perhaps because we partake in a few to many overpriced beers). The last time we have actually gone out at night together without kids was last September for out anniversary so this will be a long awaited "date night".

With all of that said I am officially going to stop the guilt trip on myself and I am going to enjoy my section 7 seats and and drink lots of overpriced beer in plastic bottles.

Debt or no debt, sometimes you just have to live in the moment and enjoy life. Once the concert is over I can return to my miserly self. Until then, bring on the beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment