Friday, August 13, 2010

Do Not Try This At Home


I made these muffins today using this recipe from All Recipes.

The original recipe looked good but I was making them for the kids so I wanted them to be healthier which is why I made some changes.

I omitted the oil and salt. I cut the sugar in half. I added about one cup of apple (chopped in food processor). I used all whole wheat flour. The batter seemed a little dry so I added a jar of stage 3 banana/strawberry baby food that was laying around.

I do not advise anyone to do what I did. Next time I will only use half whole wheat flour and maybe not add random baby food.

With that said, my kids liked them. My son ate 75% of his and my daughter ate all of hers.

They were a little rubbery on the outside and they stuck to the paper liners pretty bad but I guess all is well that ends well.

Isn't it funny that kids won't eat vegetables but they'll eat stuff like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment