Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stop and Shop

Bananas $1.42
Pears $2.86
Pint Blueberries $1.25
5 lb Bag Apples $3.99
1 lb Strawberries $2.88
1 lb Bag Baby Carrots $1.00
3 Chef Boyardee @ $1.00 each
Eggs $1.29

Total: $17.69

The Chef Boyardee is for me- please no judgements. I grew up eating the stuff and while I would never feed it to my kids I get cravings for it once in awhile. To make matters worse, I eat it straight out of the can (when I was younger I didn't want to have to clean a dish so I cut out the middle man and ate from the can). Trashy, yes. Unhealthy, double yes. Good and satisfying to my junk food cravings, oh yeah!

On a healthy note, I am going to make zucchini muffins with some of the zucchini I bought today which is another great way to sneak some vegetables in my son's diet. The bag of apples was my son's impulse buy- he promised he would eat them. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment