Thursday, July 1, 2010

So Glad June is Over...

June sucked really bad budget wise. I was over budget in every area and I really didn't care. I don't know what got into me but I was not my usual self.

So I was over budget and even used the credit cards a bit. I was going in to my Excel spreadsheet that I use to keep track of all of our finances and for some reason my updates from the last week weren't saved correctly. It would have bee a cluster you-know-what to update again so I didn't.

I am starting out July brand new with everything zeroed out. This week (Friday to Thursday) I will have $65 for groceries ($60 is my regular budget and $5 is a rebate check I received from Sorrento), $30 for household items and toiletries ($10 is my regular budget and $20 is a rebate check I received from Olay) and $5 diapers. I am going to start a budget category for pets of $5 a week and may start a clothing category of $10 a week.

We put $50 a week into our savings account which at this time is dangerously low so any overtime my husband gets will be split equally between savings and extra credit card payments.

I have been slacking and it is easy to tell by looking at our finances for the past month. I suppose sometimes I get sick of being the one who is responsible for holding it all together when it comes to managing the household and finances. Being responsible all of the time stinks and makes me feel like a buzz kill but it really stinks when I don't do my job and look back at all of the money that was wasted.

Buzz kill Mommy is back, so watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment