Saturday, July 3, 2010

Gap- Buying Ahead

Gap.com is has a coupon for 25% off your purchase with the code GAPJULY4 and shipping is free if you spend $100 or more.

Gap coupons are like a drug to me- I can't resist them. I was going to resist this time until I saw they had a bunch of things for $4.99 in the sale section for Toddlers. I held back and only got three things. I know that if I got more it would have saved me money in the long run (buying cheap now so I don't have to pay full price later) but I want to cut back on my spending a bit this month and I know that there will be more sales and coupons at the Gap- there always are!

Toddler Boys Shirt Size 4 years $3.75 (for son's school clothes)


Toddler Girls T-Shirt Size 18-24 months $3.75 (next size up for daughter)


Toddler Girls Dress Size 18-24 months $7.49 (next size up for daughter)

Total: $14.99 with free shipping (Gap Silver Card)

I will make a payment to the card for $14.99 so it is like I paid cash but I will still get rewards points for the purchase and free shipping.

To save money on my kids' wardrobes I like to buy things that can be layered, this way a shirt can be worn in the summer and then I can put a long sleeve shirt underneath it for cold weather. Typically, during end of the summer sales I will by t-shirts, dresses and tank tops and pair them with long sleeve shirts and legging for the fall/winter. During sales where fall/winter clothing is heavily discounted I will look for pieces that can be worn in warmer weather while also buying things for the following year.

I have to admit that it is much easier to do this with my son as all of his clothes are mix and match- boys tend to have a simpler assortment of clothing. My daughter on the other hand is a challenge (probably a self imposed challenge) because she has more matched outfits than mix and match things. If I buy a shirt (other than something plain) I have to know that it will have a bottom that will match it. She does have some jeans but dresses and outfits with cute leggings are so adorable.

I know that when she gets older there is a good chance that she will not let me dress her so I am taking advantage of it while I can. When I was little I went from wearing cute dresses with pigtails in my hair to wearing fluorescent spandex leggings and t-shirts (if you grew up in the 80s and early 90s you will know what I am talking about). My poor mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment