Sunday, June 27, 2010

What Are We Eating This Week?

Dinners

Monday: Hamburgers with Corn on the Cob and Green Beans
Tuesday: Breaded Baked Chicken with Homemade Oven Fries and Broccoli
Wednesday: Pasta with Homemade Meatballs and Homemade Breadsticks
Thursday: Roasted Whole Chicken with Mashed Potatoes, Beets and Mixed Veggies
Friday: Take Out
Saturday: Homemade Pizza
Sunday: Steak Tips with Baked Potatoes and Broccoli

I honestly don't really stick to my meal plans but I like doing them because it gives me an outline for dinner. I am not a wonderful cook and I tend to stick to what I know. Most of the time I feel like I am lucky to get a somewhat balanced meal on the table so the thought of trying new recipes is not even on my radar.

For breakfast and lunch we eat whatever our hearts desire- well, actually whatever we have on hand.

Breakfasts

Nutrigrain Waffles
Homemade Pancakes
Cereal (Rice Krispies, Kashi Puffs, Cheerios)
Wheat Toast with all fruit jelly
Fruit
Yogurt
Orange Juice
Scrambled Eggs with mixed in veggies (for my daughter)
Hard Boiled Eggs

Lunches

Peanut Butter on Wheat Bread
Grilled Cheese on Wheat Bread
Wheat Pasta
Turkey Hot Dogs
Chicken Nuggets
Turkey Sandwich on Wheat Bread
Fruit
Applesauce
Yogurt
Homemade Turkey/Oatmeal Meatballs
Cheese Stick

Most of what I listed is healthy because it is what my kids eat. I, on the other hand, do not eat super healthy so I'll have whatever is quick and easy to make. Depending on what I have on hand that could mean a frozen dinner or a bag of chips for lunch. Breakfast is usually a waffle or a glass of milk with Carnation Instant Breakfast. I don't have much time to eat and sometimes it will be 3 o'clock and I realize that I didn't eat lunch. This is something I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment