Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Time to Clean Out My Closets

We got a notice in the mail yesterday and it was like someone was giving me a kick in the butt to clear out clutter.

The Epilepsy Foundation is going to come to my neighborhood on June 15th and is going to take away any and all clothing, shoes, housewares, small appliances and some other miscellaneous things that I no longer need and use my junk to help people.

Does it get any better than that? I just have to put it out on the curb- that is after I go though my house and rummage through my family's stuff.

Off the top of my head I already know that I am going to get rid of our George Foreman Rotisserie Oven, George Foreman Grill (piece of crap that it is- only used once), barely worn shoes from my son (I don't really save shoes because I'm weird and I like my kids to have new shoes- I have issues), clothing that doesn't fit or is ugly and random dishes/glasses.

I love getting rid of things that I don't need anymore because it feels good to not feel cluttered with unneeded things. It also makes room in my closet for new clothes- I don't feel as bad buying new stuff if I don't already have a lots of things (this makes sense to me and probably other moms- maybe).

No comments:

Post a Comment