Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Salsa Chicken Sans the Salsa

My husband wanted salsa chicken for dinner tonight but I discovered that we didn't have any salsa in the pantry (note to self: always have salsa on hand). I was feeling creative so I raided the pantry to make my own "salsa". Here is my recipe for No Salsa Salsa Chicken:

Can of Diced Tomatoes
Can of Mexicorn (it had Diego on it so my son wanted it but surprise- when we got home he thought it looked yucky)
Chopped Onion
Packet of Taco Seasoning
Chicken Breasts

I poured everything into the crockpot and cooked it on low until the chicken was cooked through (I put my chicken in frozen).


This is what dinner ended up looking like: "Salsa" chicken with a tortilla, mixed veggies and brown rice. It tasted good and even my picky husband liked it so yeah for me. Double yeah because I used up the stupid can of Mexicorn that has been sitting in my pantry for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment