Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Pathetic Baking Day

Today during naptime I was planning on making meatballs, steaming vegetables, making pancakes and making cookies. Here is what I actually got done.

I steamed some squash and sweet potato. As you can see I didn't steam much because it seems like whatever fresh produce I buy turns rotten within a few days. I suppose this means that in the future I need to get my lazy butt to steam the produce the day I bring it home. At least my daughter has enough to last her a few days.

I made meatballs but not as many as I would have liked. I should have had another pound but we used the meat for tacos last night; we were supposed to use the pre-portioned frozen hamburger patties for dinner but it was pouring outside so we decided to have an indoor meal instead of hamburgers on the grill.

This should be enough for three or four meals for my husband and I; the kids have turkey meatballs that I made and froze awhile ago (I know, no fair that we get to eat beef and they have to eat healthy turkey but I'm a grown up and I can eat what I want).

I got nothing else done. This is actually more than I usually get done so I guess I should be happy, plus the kitchen is not a huge mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment