Monday, June 7, 2010

Meal Plan

This week we are having the dining room, computer/daughter's playroom and the hallways downstairs and upstairs painted which means that the house is still in a bit of chaos. My husband is also going to be working late for the next three days so I don't know when I am going to get to the grocery store.

The following meal plan is going to be based on just what I have in the house. I kinda feel like I am on Survivor (I know- a little extreme).

Monday: Pasta with Homemade Meatballs, Homemade Bread sticks and Broccoli
Tuesday: Pork Roast with Roasted Potatoes and Mixed Veggies and Beets
Wednesday: Grilled Salad Dressing Chicken with Corn and String Beans
Thursday: Steak Tips with Corn, Beets and Broccoli
Friday: Take Out
Saturday: Working until 6- Pasta or Homemade Pizza
Sunday: Roasted Whole Chicken with Homemade Rolls, Corn and String Beans

It doesn't look like such a bad plan- I may or may not stick to it and if I get to the store it will change. We have no fresh fruit in the house so my son will be eating a lot of applesauce, raisins and dried apricots. My daughter is still eating baby food (when I use up what we have I'm not buying anymore) so she will get enough fruits and veggies in her diet. All of the vegetable listed above are frozen (like I would even know how to cook fresh veggies- I will try to someday just not anytime soon) except for the beets (canned) and potatoes (I think our potatoes are still good- hmmmmm).

This is one of the reasons I buy ahead when things are on sale. It feels nice to not have to go to the store every week. I like to go grocery shopping every week but if circumstances don't allow I know that we won't starve and will actually eat pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment