Friday, June 25, 2010

I Took A Sick Day

I had the wisdom teeth on my right side taken out this morning and let me say, it was not bad at all. I was so nervous about it that I was almost in tears- mostly because I went online and read people's horror stories beforehand (word of advice: don't ever do this). It literally took the dentist less than 10 minutes to pull both teeth. When it was over I said "that was it?". And to make it even better (and thanks to my dental insurance), I only had to pay $32.00 of which I used my flexible spending account debit card.

When I got home I popped a vicoden and some penicillin, put on my sweatpants and relaxed in my bed with the door shut for the rest of the day. My husband was on mom duty and I have to say he did a really good job. The kids were happy and the house was clean (as clean as a house can be with a 3 year old and a 1 year old running around).

It felt good to just relax for the day and to focus on feeling better. My husband is a great dad and husband so I knew that I didn't have to worry about the kids being taken care of or the house being a disaster.

I did get a few things accomplished today while taking a sick day. I organized my coupons (yeah!), I got to watch Judge Judy (who knew she was still on TV) and I caught up on rebates and other miscellaneous things that needed to be mailed.

So, good by sick day! You were fun while you lasted but tomorrow it is back to normal. Is it weird that I can't wait until I go back to get my wisdom teeth on the left side taken out?

No comments:

Post a Comment