Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Can't I Just Hire A Maid?

As I look around my house it is very apparent to me that I have not been keeping up on the cleaning lately. In my defense- we just had our wood floors refinished and we are going to paint the rooms so the furniture is still dispersed throughout the house.

When my daughter was born I made a daily cleaning schedule which worked really well for awhile but then she stopped sleeping for more than 30 minutes during the day and I just had to wing it when it came to cleaning.

What was great about having a set schedule was that if I missed something one week it wasn't a huge deal because I did it the previous week. None of the rooms in the house got very dirty (like the 1/4 inch of dust that is on everything now) and I felt less stressed because every task had a day so I didn't have to sit there and decide what needed to get done the most.

So I am going to reinstate my cleaning schedule and I am going to stick to it (try to stick to it).
Monday
Vacuum, Mop Floors, Dust First and Second Floors
Tuesday
Vacuum, Clean Kitchen, Clean Guinea Pig Cage, Clean Laundry Room
Wednesday
Vacuum, Clean Dining Room, Clean Computer Room
Thursday
Vacuum, Clean Bathrooms
Friday
Vacuum, Change Sheets, Vacuum Second Floor
Saturday
At work all day
Sunday
Family day- no cleaning
I do laundry whenever the baskets get full (I have one for darks, one for lights and one for whites).
Once a month I will clean the refrigerator and wash the comforters/and pillows on the beds.
I am sure I forgot something but this is the basic outline of what I plan on doing. Now I just have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment