Thursday, May 20, 2010

Staying Home Is Great

Today we stayed home and it was great.

For the past three days I have been dragging the kids out to run errands and it was really throwing off the rest of the day which in turn stressed me out a bit. I have a two hour window between when my daughter wakes up from her morning nap and lunch time that we can leave the house. Well, as anyone who has a young child out there knows a 30 minute trip to the store can easily (and always) turn into a 1 hour trip. This is one of the reasons why we made so many trips out of the house.

It felt good to not have to rush around. We played outside and took a leisurely walk to the end of the street. I got to mop the floor (am I the only one who leaves the mop out when I'm done so my husband can tell that I mopped?) and I even ate some lunch.

I really think that I am going to make more of an effort to do my grocery shopping on Sunday afternoons when the kids are taking their naps so that during the week I can relax a bit and enjoy some time with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment