Sunday, May 9, 2010

Meal Plan

I don't feel like planning out a specific meal plan for the week so I am just going to list what I could make with what we have.

Main Dishes
Steak Tips
Salad Dressing Chicken
Salsa Chicken
Breaded Chicken
Pork Roast
Pasta and Meatballs
Hamburgers
American Chop Suey
Tacos
Homemade Pizza (sauce and cheese for my husband and son and sauce and broccoli for me)
Whole Roasted Chicken

Side Dishes
Baked Potatoes
Roasted Potatoes
Homemade French Fries
Veggies (corn, broccoli, green beans, mixed veggies, beets)
Brown Rice

I have a lot of beef broth in my pantry that expires in July so I might try to find some recipes for it- maybe a ground beef stew or something because I have a ton of ground beef.

I haven't made my grocery list yet so depending what I end up buying I could have some other main dish choices

Someday I would like to learn how to cook interesting food. Right now I am happy with just having enough time to make basic meals.

I am going to make an apple pie this week with a butter and shortening crust and I will eat the whole thing myself. I really love homemade apple pie and I really like to watch The Biggest Loser while I eat it. This makes me sound really overweight but I only weigh about 100 lbs (not for long if I keep this up- but yum!)

When I can start to eat dairy products again I will have a lot more choices for what to make for dinner including lasagna. Cheese makes food taste a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment