Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Locks of Love


Yesterday I got a much needed haircut and I feel so much better not having a mess of hair to deal with every morning. My hair is just above my shoulders now and I still have no idea what to do with it (I am hair styling challenged) but at least there is less of it to deal with. Because my hair was pretty long I had over 10 inches cut off and decided to donate it to Locks of Love which is an organization that makes hairpieces for disadvantaged children who suffer from hair loss.

I encourage everyone to go to their site and read about what they do because for something as simple as donating hair that would have been thrown away they do such great things with it. And if you are thinking of getting a haircut keep them in mind- even if you hair gets cut a bit shorter than you were planning on it will grow back and the outcome of giving your hair to those who can't grow their own is such a selfless act.

So, along with donating food and toiletries that us couponers get for pennies to charities there are other creative ways we can give things for free and still make such a huge difference in people's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment