Saturday, May 1, 2010

Awesome Car Seat

We bought the Radian XTSL Car Seat for my almost three year old son in gray a few months ago and love it. It is a bit pricey but we bought it from BabyViva and ended up paying $239.99 after a coupon with free shipping and no tax (hear that Deval Patrick?).

It is made of steal and has a forward facing weight of 80 lbs (rear facing 45 lbs) so my son will be using it (and it's 5 point harness) until he is old enough to use the regular seat belt safely. It was simple to install and it's easy for my son to climb into it because it doesn't have built up sides like other car seats do.

I just bought one for my daughter because she will be a year old near the end of June and is getting too big for her infant seat (she is little compared to my son- at her age he was way over 20 lbs). We are going to keep my daughter rear facing until she is at least 2 years old because I recently found out that it is much safer. I wish I knew that when my son turned 1 because we flipped him right around no knowing any better.

I am excited to get it and install it because it is cute but I am really going to miss the infant seat. It is so convenient to carry her around in the seat when we go anywhere. I will miss being able to run to the store when she is supposed to be taking a nap and I will also miss bringing her into to house when she falls asleep in the car without having to wake her up. The end of an era has come. Now I will be at her mercy when I need to go shopping- if she is not in the mood to sit in the shopping cart seat or her stroller then all shopping will cease. I am not a baby wearing mama so I will be screwed if she decides to protest going to the store. And just when my son started to like to go shopping with mommy...

(I am not being paid to write about this in any way- I am just writing about it because I like it)

No comments:

Post a Comment