Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Un-Earth Day

I'm just going to come out and say this... I am sick of hearing about Earth Day. Yes, I don't think people should throw their trash in the street but I am really sick of hearing about going green. It is a bandwagon that I don't want to jump on.

I do a lot of things that I suppose help the environment but I do them because I am cheap. I use rags instead of paper towels for most things, I use a vinegar/water homemade cleaner when I clean things the kids touch, I recycle (I don't want to have to buy the town trash bags- $1.5 a bag, are you kidding me!), I reuse fabric to make new things, I donate old clothes instead of trashing them, I don't drive a lot (pure laziness- I like to stay home) and I use reusable grocery bags (can you say .05 credit at Stop and Shop and Target.

I love the Earth because it's my home but lets stop being so PC. If you are truly into Earth Day that's great- people should have things they believe in. If you are into Earth Day and posting about it because you think it is what people want to hear then yikes.

1 comment:

  1. Amen Sister! I too only recycle, compost, use rags, etc. etc. because I'm cheap! Helping the Earth is just an extra bonus I suppose.

    ReplyDelete