Thursday, April 29, 2010

Potty Training Update- OMFG He Finally Gets It!

My son finally realized last Friday that if he didn't want pee running down his leg he would have to use the potty. He has been doing great since then with only a couple of accidents and usually doesn't need me to remind him to use the potty.

I was so surprised that he caught on- I don't think that I believed it at first. He hasn't gotten the pooping on the potty thing down yet but at this point I don't care. We have until the end of the summer for him to perfect his potty skills so I feel like I can lay off a bit and let him realize that pooping in your underwear is pretty yucky and uncomfortable.

I know that I'm not out of the woods yet but I feel like he gets it- well he gets it right now. It is very possible that next week he'll decide he wants to pee on himself again and I will turn into the stressed out mommy who wants to rip her head off.

No comments:

Post a Comment