Saturday, April 24, 2010

Grocery Plan for the Week

Here is my plan for grocery shopping for the week. I am pretty good about sticking to my shopping lists unless I see a great deal while I'm at the store or if I have my kids with me.

Shaws

5 lbs apples @ $1/lb
avocado $1
eat smart slaw $1 (I am going to try and make my husband coleslaw- his mom's will be hard to beat)
oranges @ $1/lb
purple grapes @ .99/lb
6 Smart Taste Pasta @ $1.19 each - (6) .75 coupons (doubled) here
4 Smart Taste Pasta @ $1.19 each - (4) $1 coupons from various magazine
3 bags Lays Chips @ $1.99 each - (3) $1 coupons
6 Birdseye Frozen Veggies @ $1 each - (6) .50 coupons (doubled) from Ebay
2 packages Shady Brook Ground Turkey BOGO (I will be making my kids turkey meatballs- my husband and I eat beef meatballs because we don't like ground turkey)
Pork Chops @ $1.88/lb
Roast @ $1.88/lb
Tropicana Orange Juice $2.49
Yo Kids Yogurt $3.69 - .50 coupon here
Sargento Cheese Sticks $3.68 - $1 coupon

Stop and Shop

Tomatoes on the Vine @ $1.99/lb
Romaine Hearts $2.99
Kiwi .33
Light Wheat Hot Dog Buns $2.00
Light Wheat Hamburger Buns $2.00
2 Grande Tortilla Chips BOGO - (2) $1 coupons
Fiber One Whole Wheat Bread $2.50
Vegetable Oil (finally ran out from my stockpile from the great Shaws Catalina deals)
Vegetable Shortening (I love pie and I love to make my own crust)
4 Fruitables Juice Boxes @ $2.00 each - (4) .75 coupons (doubled) here and here
Banquet Chicken Nuggets $3.99 (for me- I'll have to check and see if they have milk in them)
2 Simply GoGurt @ $2.50 each - (2) $1.10 coupons (not sure if these are included in the sale)
2 Yoplait Yogurt Drinks @ $2.50 each - .40 coupon (I think I have this coupon- not sure though)
Stop and Shop Butter FREE (see here)
Stop and Shop Eggs FREE (see here)

So that is it. It will be good for me to see how far I deviate from my plan this week. My estimated total for all of this is about $60 taking into account that I have cans I will be turning in and a $10 Visa card that I won from entering a Huggies Pull Ups Enjoy the Ride code. I don't have my spreadsheet in front of me (I'm at work) but I think my grocery budget for the week is about $85 because of underspending in previous weeks and rebate checks that I have received.

No comments:

Post a Comment