Saturday, April 24, 2010

Buns of Steel


I have a really great work out DVD called Lindsay Brin's Post Natal Boot Camp that I was using every other day for awhile (four weeks). I stopped using it because I had no energy because of dietary issues and being tired because the baby was not sleeping well issues. I'm still tired but my diet has normalized so I am going to start using it again.

I lost all of my baby weight pretty quickly (I am breastfeeding and on a dairy free diet) and weigh less than I did before I started having kids but I still have a little baby pooch belly. My goal is to have six pack abs and buns of steel but I will settle for being comfortable in a bikini (not a string bikini- so I guess a full coverage bikini?). I also really like to eat junk food- I will polish off a full bag of chips in a sitting. I am unwilling to give up my junk food. I used to unwind with a glass of wine at night before I had kids; now I unwind with a sugar filled soda and half an apple pie.

In the back of my head I'm kind of wondering if I should even bother toning up because we are planning on having another baby within the next 1 1/2 years (that is my laziness talking) but I am still a bit vain and even though I am a mom of two kids under three I want to have a hot bod.

My plan is to work out every other day. The DVD has a great 12 week program feature and maybe- just maybe- this time I will make it through the whole thing. I guess I'll have to sit the kids down and explain to them that they need to fully cooperate with Mommy's exercising- or I could just put on Sprout for them so they're quiet for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment