Monday, June 23, 2014

Mall Shopping and Aching Feet...

Today I took Alli, my five year old daughter, to the American Girl store for her birthday.

We had a lot of fun and it was pretty funny because I was the one who wanted to buy everything I saw and she was the voice of reason saying that she didn't need anything. She did end up getting her doll's hair done and ears pierced and I was finally able to coerce her into buying a few things (though not the really cool ones that I wanted).

We also walked around the mall and did a little more shopping. She got a couple of little things from Claire's as well as something for her little sister, we got her brother a couple of Lego mini-figures from the Lego store and I even snagged myself two paris of jeans at the Gap off of the clearance rack ($30 for two pairs of jeans- woo hoo).

When it was time to leave we were both tired and when I finally got home after picking up her brother and sister from my mom's house (Alli stayed the night for a sleepover) I was beat.  I didn't realize going to the mall with a five year old could be such a complete energy suck.

Even with being so tired that I could literally fall asleep standing up, I am so happy that I got to spend the day with Alli and I could tell that she loved the one on one time. Now I am going to go soak my aching feet- man, do I feel old.

No comments:

Post a Comment