Monday, December 9, 2013

Menu Plan Monday


Saturday
Went to a holiday party at a neighbor's house- no dinner cooking for me!

Sunday
Roasted Chicken (the chicken I cooked wasn't done in time for dinner so my husband ran out and bought one from the local grocery store- hey, it happens to the best of us!)
Corn
Broccoli
Beets

Monday
Chicken and Gravy Sandwiches (I'll make homemade gravy and homemade white bread)
Rice (white rice for my husband and brown rice for the kids and I)
Green Beans
Corn

Tuesday
Steak Tips (I make them using this technique- delicious!)
Baked Potatoes (if I can get to the store to buy a bag- the ones I had went bad)
Corn
Broccoli

Wednesday
American Chop Suey (I skip the pasta for myself because I'm gluten free)
Homemade Italian Bread (for my family)
Mixed Veggies

Thursday
Pasta with Homemade Meatballs (using homemade gluten free breadcrumbs, I'll also have gluten free pasta while my family will have regular pasta)
Homemade Focaccia Bread (for my family)
Broccoli

Friday
Homemade Pizza with nitrate free Pepperoni
I'll make my own "pizzas" on corn tortillas topped with sauce, mushrooms and green peppers
Salad

My plan is super simple this week as I am still getting into the grove of this whole gluten and dairy free thing. It has also thrown me off doing my shopping on Fridays- it is the best day for me to go because my two oldest are in school so I just have my two year old with me but for some reason I prefer to shop on Mondays. I'll have to get over it : )

I am participating in I'm an Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment