Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Frugal Tip- Ditch the Paper Towels

Fat Spiral
photo credit
There was a time many years ago that my husband and I would go through two rolls of paper towels a week. I actually cringe when I think about how much money we would spend on them, especially considering we would buy the huge packs at BJ's and sped and arm and a leg.

Fast forward to nowadays and the use of paper towels are a rarity in my household. We use rags 99% of the time with the occasional paper towel thrown in. To ensure that the paper towel usage is low, I moved the paper towel holder into the pantry. Yep, the whole out of sight out of mind thing works really well around here. In order to get a paper towel you have to physically walk across the kitchen and open the pantry door- grabbing a rag is just so much easier, even for my paper towel loving husband.

I really have no idea how much money not using paper towels is saving me, but I know it's a lot because I do a lot of cleaning with three messy kids and an annoying dog running around. Not only am I saving money, but I am also saving the time of trying to find deals on paper towels and running to the store to buy them.

Now if I could only find a way afford a housekeeper to use all of my frugal rags I would be one happy housewife...

No comments:

Post a Comment