Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Menu Planning is Lame...

No food or drink
photo credit
I hate menu planning.

I find it boring and it makes me feel kind of lame.

There, I said it.

The act of writing out what we are eating for the week makes me feel like I have given up on life and should start wearing "I've given up on life pants" (another way of saying sweatpants).

Isn't my life mundane enough- I mean I do the same things every day; take care of the kids, clean the house, make dinner, do laundry. A little spontaneity is good.

I actually enjoy the minor panic of "what the hell am I going to make for dinner tonight?" We always have plenty of meat in the freezer and if I don't have any obvious choices of what to make I always am able to throw something together that is good- this is a great way to use up random pantry stuff and to try new recipes.

So down with menu planning! No more feeling like a total lame butt mom anymore, at least no more feeling lame from menu planning- I still feel lame for using a cleaning schedule and super lame for equating much of my personal happiness on whether my tub is clean or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment