Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Stop and Shop


1 lb Organic Carrots $1.29
Oscar Meyer Selects Uncured Hot Dogs $3.99 - $1.00 MC
5 lb Bag Potatoes $3.99
McCormick Paprika $3.99
Molasses $3.69
Stop and Shop Worcestershire Sauce $1.99
Bush's Baked Beans $1.50
Liquid Smoke $1.99
.91 lb Apples $1.36
Celery $1.99
Calise Italian Rolls $2.79
Stop and Shop Hot Dog Buns $1.25

Total: $28.82

This trip is a classic example of how trying new recipes can really cost you. I made pulled pork sandwiches last night for dinner (recipe was from Cook's Illustrated) and needed paprika, molasses, worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke which are all things that I do not typically keep on hand. If I had decided to make a boring recipe that I've made a million times before I would have saved myself over $11 and if you include the rolls about $14. The good news is I got to make a yummy new recipe (I really liked it but it was very spicy so my husband who is not into spicy stuff thought it was so-so) and now I have a bunch of ingredients on hand that I can use in future recipes.




No comments:

Post a Comment