Thursday, May 24, 2012

I'm Lazy and I Made Baby Food!

I recently bought a five pound bag of pears at BJ's for about $6 and true to form I left them out on the counter for too long and let them over ripen. I put a few in the fridge for the older kids to eat over the next couple of days and decided to turn the rest into homemade baby food- how marvelously frugal of me!

I was never one to make baby food, mostly because I told myself that I didn't have time to. Well I guess I was wrong because it really takes no time at all to do! I used a baby food blender thing that I got on clearance for about $7 at Target when I was pregnant with Jilly Billy and within ten minutes I was able to peel/cut the pears, puree the pears and pour the puree into an ice cube tray.

I'm not sure how much cheaper it is to make your own baby food but in this instance I was saving money because I would have most likely thrown out the pears for spoiling before the older kids were able to eat all of them. Plus, there is something nice about knowing exactly how your baby's food is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment