Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm not a huge fan of chocolate chip cookies, at least not the chocolate chip part. I was the kid who would eat around the chips or make my mom bake some cookies sans chips.

Right now though, after being dairy free since before Christmas, I crave chocolate for the simple reason that I can't really have it.

Bring on the chocolate chip cookies!

I used the Nestle Toll House recipe and substituted shortening for the butter as well as half of the flour for white whole wheat flour. As for the chocolate chips, I used vegan ones that I bought at Whole Foods a few weeks ago. The cookies came out delicious, but at this point it has been so long since I've had chocolate that I could have eaten dirt with chocolate chips in it and thought it was delicious.

I froze a bunch of the cookie dough (rolled in balls) so that the next time I get a hankering for chocolate I can just pop some dough in the oven and the stuff my face with empty calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment