Monday, February 6, 2012

When Will It End...

Harmsworth's Household Encyclopedia
photo credit
Last night my two year old daughter puked all over herself while she was sleeping. The smell was absolutely hideous. My husband gave her a shower while I grabbed the puked on sheets and pajamas and threw them into the wash. Luckily she only randomly threw up that one time so we were good in the morning and I breathed a sigh of relief that I wouldn't have anymore laundry to do.

Then my son came downstairs this morning and proceeded to tell me that his diaper leaked (he's four but is a heavy sleeper so he still wears diapers to bed). I was highly annoyed, not at him but at myself. We let him stay up and watch the game last night but he fell asleep so my husband transported him to bed- I really should have woken him up to pee. More laundry.

Then I thought to myself what the heck- I've already changed the kids' sheets so I might as well change the sheets on my bed. Even more laundry.

Now I am officially behind on actual clothing laundry and I have a strong desire to just throw it all in trash bags and donate it so that I don't have to deal with it. Honestly, it seems like I either have a baby latched onto me or I'm chained to the washing machine. Forget about barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, this housewife is bare breasted and sleep deprived in the laundry room.

Lets just hope that there are no wayward diaper incidents or barf sessions tonight- if so I may just have to  have a dirty laundry bonfire in the backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment