Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Our Christmas

I am so glad that Christmas is over- bah humbug. Don't get me wrong, it was fun but I was so over the stress involved.

The calm before the chaos.

My daughter was so excited about her balance bike- I had to practically force her to open her presents.

The baby just looks so excited...

Best friends, until the baby gets big enough to pester her big sister.

My three little monsters.

After the excitement of opening presents I had to get my butt in gear and start cooking because we were hosting Christmas at our house for my husband's family. Hosting a holiday is awful when you have a very small baby and is very stressful- add to that the fact that I worked from 8 am to 6 pm on Christmas Eve and lets just say that my husband and I were not in good moods. 

My in-laws told us that they would buy a prepared meal so we wouldn't have to cook but there is no way that I am going to let someone else pay for food that I'm going to serve in my house. I suppose we could have bought a prepared meal but I cannot have anything with milk in it so I would have been wary about not knowing exactly what was in the food I was eating. The food wasn't even the issue- the getting the house set up for fifteen dinner guests and then cleaning up afterwards was the issue. Without a newborn in the mix it's no big deal but with a newborn it sucks. Okay, spewing bitterness time is over.

So,  Christmas morning was great and the kids had a wonderful time which in the end is all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment