Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's Almost Go Time...

Maternity Ward
photo credit
In 24 hours I am going to have a new little baby and I am beyond excited but just a little nervous.

I'm not nervous about having a new addition to our family because I know that everything will fall into place in that aspect. I am nervous about the c-section as this is my third one (the first two were due to placenta previa and this one is due to my doctor not wanting to attempt a VBAC after two previous c-sections). Surgery, even a routine c-section, has many risks and I am trying to prevent myself from googling what they are. 

I am also nervous about the recovery as my husband is only taking a week off from work so after me being in the hospital from Thursday to Monday he will only be home two additional days to help out. Yes, my doctor gave me prescriptions for pain medication but that only does so much, plus this time I have a four year old and a two year old to take care of in addition to the baby. Mix all of that with the fact that a baby was ripped out of my abdomen and I'm not sure how I'm going to take care of the kids while also trying to recover from the surgery.

How I wish that I never had to have any c-sections- my life would be so much simpler but that was the hand I was dealt and I just need to roll with the punches. The only thing that matters in the end is that all of my children are happy and healthy. I have gone through two miscarriages, two pregnancies and two c-sections prior to this so whatever it takes to get through this final c-section and recovery I can handle. And then onto breastfeeding for a year!

1 comment:

  1. Your a strong cookie! You will do great I am sure. You will amaze yourself how quick you recover after the third.

    ReplyDelete