Sunday, October 2, 2011

Menu Plan Monday


I feel like I'm going to be back on track this week when it comes to a menu plan, though I have decided to keep it simple and not try any new recipes. This baby that is growing inside of me has been sucking away all of my energy so I need to let go of trying to make wonderful meals everyday for my family. As long as my family is getting fed wholesome, filling and healthy food I am doing a good job (but I still can't wait until I have the time and energy to make new recipes- I have stacks of ones I want to try!).

Sunday
Butterflied Whole Roasted Chicken
Roasted Potatoes
Beets
Salad

Monday
Pork Tenderloin
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans
Corn

Tuesday
Chicken Soup (leftover chicken, carrots, celery, noodles, homemade stock)
Homemade Rolls

Wednesday
 Homemade Pizza
Broccoli

Thursday
Teriyaki Steak Stir-Fry (with peas, broccoli and corn)
Brown Rice
Baked Potato (for my husband)

Friday
Take-Out

Saturday
Kids eat before I get home from work,
Husband and I will eat something from the freezer/pantry

The only things I need to buy this week to complete my meal plan are:
potatoes
pork loin

Obviously I will be picking up some others things we are low on (including soda and ice cream because my husband thinks he will literally die without them) but it feels good to have a lot of things already on hand in my pantry and freezer.

I am participating in I'm an Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment