Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Is It Over Yet?

I haven't been on the computer pretty much all day because today was my Thanksgiving prep day.

Here is what was accomplished:

Baked two loaves of bread (yesterday)
Toasted bread and broke into pieces for the stuffing
Made cookie dough (yesterday)
Baked cookies with son who loved sprinkling the decorative sugar
Chopped celery and onions for the stuffing
Made the gravy (so good- yum!)
Washed all extra dishes and glasses
Set the tables
Defrosted the turkey

Tomorrow I am going to be waking up a bit earlier than normal to start the turkey and get the rest of the food ready. I have to make the stuffing, make brownies (minus the frosting) and slice cheese for the cracker tray.

I can't wait until tomorrow is over and I can relax. I really do get quite a bit stressed when cooking for people other than my husband and kids. This is the third holiday I have hosted at my home so hopefully as time goes on it will come more naturally (or maybe someday we will just get Chinese take out).


No comments:

Post a Comment