Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Homemade Fish Sticks


I bought about a half pound too much of haddock the other day so I decided to try and make homemade fish sticks for the kids with it.

It was really easy. I cut the haddock into strips, dipped into a beaten egg and then covered with breadcrumbs. I added ground flax seed to the breadcrumbs and if I had more time I would have made whole wheat breadcrumbs instead of using regular plain ones. I cooked them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

My one year old daughter had one yesterday and loved it. I was very surprised because she has an aversion to meat. Now to see if my picky three year old son will eat them.

Whatever I don't use today I will freeze so I have some quick easy meals in the future. I like to have healthy, homemade food in the freezer for days when I feel lazy (isn't that every day?).

No comments:

Post a Comment