Saturday, July 31, 2010

No Soda Challenge

I am challenging myself to stop drinking soda. I really (really, really) love soda but I drink way to much of it and if it is in the house I will drink it with no self control.

To replace my beloved soda I will be drinking lots of water and any other beverage that is not soda.

I am doing this for a few reasons:
Soda is not good for my stomach (I have Crohn's Disease)
Soda is expensive
Soda makes me feel like the energy has been sucked out of me when I drink it

I will continue to buy it for my husband (he likes Sprite/Sierra Mist which I do not like) and I may treat myself once in awhile.

I hope the detox period will not be too bad, I figure if I start to get the shakes from lack of soda I can drink some Kool Aid to take the edge off.

Goodbye dear soda (and empty calories), I will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment