Monday, July 19, 2010

It's Just Dry Skin...

Today was my daughter's one year check-up (a month late because the doctor went on vacation and I had to reshcedule the appointment- I was told this a week before her original appointment, grrr). I remember when my son had his one year check-up my husband tool the day off of work to come because it seemed like such a special event.

Today when I took my daughter (my husband went to work because what a waste of a day off) it was more of an annoyance. I know that check-ups are important but the process takes way too long. I have no questions for the doctor anymore because my first child has come out alright (so far...) and I know what I am doing now (kinda, sorta). Before, all of the doctor's questions were answered eagerly but now with my second child they seem nosy and annoying. My daughter has a tiny dry patch of skin on her cheek and the doctor asked me about it. I told her that I noticed it but didn't think it was a big deal and she said something about how it could be ringworms (?) but to put cream on it and if that didn't work I could get antibiotics for it. WTF? It looks like dry skin to me- I'll just slap some lotion on it and call it a day.

So, I hate bringing my kids to the doctor. And for the record, I found pre-natal visit when I was pregnant with my daughter to be a huge annoyance too.

No comments:

Post a Comment