Thursday, June 17, 2010

An Awesome Deal Turned... OK

I went to Stop and Shop to take advantage of the $1.00 Butterball Turkey Bacon and to get a couple more Edys Ice Creams.

I was excited because in my head I was going to pay $3.00 and get back $6.00 in Catalinas. Here is the breakdown:
2 Edys @ $3.00 each - $1/2 mc
Skinny Cow Cup $1.00
6 Butterball Turkey Bacon @ $1.00 each - (6) .75 mc (doubled) ***$3.00 overage***
Total: $3.00 out of pocket
Receive: $4.00 Edys Catalina and (2) $1.00 Butterball Catalinas

Here is what happened in the real world:
2 Edys @ $3.00 each - $1/2 mc
Skinny Cow Cup $1.00
4 Butterball Turkey Bacon @ $1.00 mc - (4) .75 mc (doubled) ***$2.00 overage***
2 Butterball Turkey Bacon @ $1.00 each - (2) .75 mc (not doubled)
Total: $4.50
Received: Absolutely Nothing

Here is what I think could have happened:
Only four coupons doubled and the last two beeped and were entered manually as a frozen food coupon by the self check out attendant. I am guessing that they doubled up to the total purchase of bacon ($6.00) and after that the register knew that I had gotten them all free and wouldn't take off anymore money. This could have thrown off the Edys deals and made the Catalina not print. As far as not getting the Butterball Catalinas- who knows.

To a normal person getting two Edys, a Skinny Cow Cup and six packages of turkey bacon for $4.50 is a great deal. If this were a year ago I would have beat myself up about messing up and costing myself $6.00 in Catalinas. I have evolved since then and tonight as I sit here my attitude is you win some, you lose some. I am at the point where I can pick my battles and there is no battle to pick here. I did the Edys deal based on pre sale price so I don't have a leg to stand on. I suppose I could have gone to the customer service desk about the $2.00 in Butterball Catalinas but I would like to keep a low profile and I had already gotten them free plus $1.50 overage. Good enough for me.

Plus I feel that a higher power may be telling me that I have enough fricken ice cream and that I really don't have anymore room in my chest freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment