Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oatmeal Has Many Uses

I bought some ground turkey at Shaws and decided that I would make my kids turkey meatballs today. Well, I realized that I didn't have any breadcrumbs and I didn't feel like making my own breadcrumbs so I used oatmeal. I didn't taste them because I don't like ground turkey but they smelled delicious. I didn't measure the ingredients (I never do when I make meatballs), but here are the ingredients:

ground turkey
egg
oatmeal
2 containers Mixed Vegetable Stage 2 baby food (I didn't have time to chop up real vegetables)
packet of Good Seasonings salad dressing mix
Oregano

I cooked them at 325 degrees until they reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees (they actually reached 172 degrees because I wasn't paying attention). I let them cool a little bit and froze them.

Now I just hope my kids will like them because I know that I will not be eating them. I like beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment