Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Meal Plan

Every week I usually make a meal plan just for dinners that I sometimes follow. Breakfast and lunch are a free for all around here- I eat whatever I can make myself quickly if I even have time to eat, my almost three year old son gets what I feel like making him/what I think he will eat without having too much of a tantrum and my nine month old daughter is still breastfeeding and she gets baby food for lunch and dinner (I buy baby food- I'm lazy). Snacks for my son consist of cheese sticks, wheat crackers, raisins, apple slices, monkey roll ups (fruitabu snacks), envirokidz rice bars, Target organic fruit strips and whatever treats I've baked.

On to the meal plan for dinner:

Monday: Breaded Boneless Pork Chops with Roasted Potatoes and Frozen Mixed Veggies
Tuesday: Hamburgers on Wheat Buns with Potato Salad and Broccoli
Wednesday: Ziti with Meat Sauce with Frozen Mixed Veggies and Homemade Bread Sticks
Thursday: Roasted Whole Chicken with Baked Potatoes, Corn and Peas
Friday: Take-Out Yeah!
Saturday: I work all day and my husband picks me up so we don't get back to the house until around 6:30. He feeds the kids earlier and then he and I eat something simple like pasta.
Sunday: Steak Tips on the Grill with Baked Potatoes and Beets and Frozen Mixed Veggies

My son is picky and some days likes a food and then hates it so along with his dinner I usually throw in something extra that I know (think) he'll eat like raisins, apples with peanut butter, applesauce, wheat bread, yogurt, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment